Podjetje Thomson Reuters, ki vodi statistiko znanstvenih objav in citatov, vsako leto napove najbolj verjetne dobitnike Nobelove nagrade za področja medicine, kemije, fizike in ekonomije.
Tole so letošnje napovedi za fiziko:
- Alain Aspect CNRS Distinguished Scientist and Head of the Atom Optics Group, Laboratoire Charles Fabry, Institut d’Optique, Palaiseau France. WHY: with John F. Clauser and Anton Zeilinger, for their tests of Bell’s inequalities and research on quantum entanglement
- John F. Clauser Research Physicist, J.F. Clauser & Associates, Walnut Creek, CA USA. WHY: with Alain Aspect and Anton Zeilinger, for their tests of Bell’s inequalities and research on quantum entanglement
- Sajeev John University Professor of Physics and Canada Research Chair, Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada. WHY: with Eli Yablonovitch, for their invention and development of photonic band gap materials
- Hideo Ohno Professor of the Laboratory for Nanoelectronics and Spintronics, Research Institute of Electrical Communication, and Director of the Center for Spintronics Integrated Systems, Tohoku University, Sendai Japan. WHY: for contributions to ferromagnetism in diluted magnetic semiconductors
- Eli Yablonovitch Professor and James and Katherine Lau Chair in Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA USA. WHY: with Sajeev John, for their invention and development of photonic band gap materials
- Anton Zeilinger Full Professor of Experimental Physics, University of Vienna, and Scientific Director, Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna Austria. WHY: with Alain Aspect and John F. Clauser, for their tests of Bell’s inequalities and research on quantum entanglement